Join us on Facebook or e-mail us at email@example.com!
All SSA participants should be abiding by the MYSA Return to Play guidelines which were emailed and posted on our website. Coaches are also following team/game specific information that was provided.
SSA is now requiring only 1 parent/guardian to attend practices and leave siblings at home if possible. Players and teams impacted by COVID will be removed for 14 days with all games and practices for those specific players/teams cancelled. Cancelled events will not be made up.
If we have people repeatedly bringing sick kids to soccer or failure to comply with our guidelines, we will be forced to cancel our season.
Remember, if you or your child has been exposed to someone who has tested positive, is sick, or running a temperature over 100.4, do not bring players to practice or games! Parents you must take kids temperatures before bringing them to practices and games. We realize not everyone who is symptomatic will have a fever, but it's a preventative step we can all take. Even if you think it is just a cold let's not share just a cold with everyone else.
Help keep our SSA community safe and healthy! If you have any additional questions, please message or call us directly.
RETURN TO PLAY MYSA GUIDELINES:
● Parents/guardians should check the temperature of players at home before attending EVERY practice/game. Players should not attend with temperatures of 100.4 degrees or greater, persistent cough, or other indications of not being well and healthy. Don’t medicate and send anyway.
● Carpooling should be avoided and spectators should be limited. Always practice social distancing.
● Spectators are strongly encouraged to wear masks to all practices/games.
● Spectators must bring in their own chair(s), bleachers are not available. Spectators may not sit on goal lines or the team side of the field.
● Players should leave the car ready to play for practice/games (wearing shoes/cleats, shin guards, etc.)....remember NO jewelry, bracelets, necklaces, etc... Stud earrings are permitted.
● Do NOT bring soccer balls from home to any practice or game this season!
● All players must each have their own, LABELED, hydration bottle. Sharing of bottles is NOT permitted.
● Players bringing ANYTHING else to the bench will be sent back to their parents. The only exception would be life saving devices such as, inhalers or Epi-Pens which parents should hang on to.
● The coach will make the following inquiries at the beginning of all practices/games of all players (as a group is acceptable):
○ Is anyone running a temperature? (NO - proper answer)
○ Does anyone have a persistent cough? (NO - proper answer)
○ Does everyone feel well & healthy? (YES - proper answer)
Player participation will be based on the answers to these questions. If your child isn’t feeling well, stay home. Again, don’t medicate and send anyway.
● Do not allow children to treat spreading the virus as a joke- parents need to be a part of enforcing this. Your child may have a teammate who has been somehow affected by Covid-19 virus. BE KIND!
● Any games or practices cancelled due to Covid-19 state or federal mandate will not be made up, nor will refunds be given.
Relaxation of guidelines is not an indication that there is no need for concern.
SSA adopted MYSA COVID-19 Return to Play Guidelines and Recommendations
under the Missouri Show Me Strong Recovery Plan effective June 16, 2020.
This guidance may change should it be necessary, and safeguards like those listed below are still needed and expected to be followed.
Anyone displaying symptoms associated with COVID-19 should not attend and contact SSA immediately.
Any instance of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis of a participant or anyone in attendance of a session, must be immediately reported to Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services’ 24-hour hotline at 1-877-435-8411.